Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day!

Happy Mothers' Day to everyone!

We had a fantastic day. We listened to Jaimee's brother, Josh, speak in church (he gave a beautiful talk!) and were able to spend the rest of the day with the Belnaps. Jaimee got a DVD player to go with the TV in our bedroom (I swear this was a gift that she wanted, and not something that I wanted her to have so that I could use it!.. unlike the weed-eater my dad is rumored to have given my mom one year). Jaimee is such a great Mom. We are fortunate to have good role models in our mothers (a.k.a., Nana and Baba). Perhaps Kate is the luckiest of all.

As for Kate, she has thoroughly enjoyed being able to eat from a spoon. She is now up to two meals a day of rice cereal mixed with pear sauce or applesauce. We still can't feed it to her fast enough, and mealtimes are filled with impatient shrieks in between spoonfuls. She loves to drink water from her sippy cup (and slurps water from my glass whenever she can). It may seem strange, but she seems to have matured a couple of months in the past few days... almost as if she is no longer a baby, rather a relatively immobile toddler.

Jaimee started her lessons to learn how to use her sewing machine this week. She seems to thoroughly be enjoying them. She has made a lot of cute blankets that Kate absolutely loves. I am continuing to work on my PhD... enough said. Life is great and we can't complain.

Hope all is well with all of you! Drop us a line sometime. We would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Heidi Louise said...

I would have to agree with you Scott. Jaimee is an amazing Mom. I have honestly NEVER seen her this happy in my life. Kate and your other future offspring are very lucky to have not only her, but you in their lives. You two make a great team!

Jenn said...

it is time for NEW POST!!!! I want to see new pictures;-) Hey it is not my fault you have a BEAUTIFUL family and I want to see pictures;-)